CTR and GSR cam combo, worthwhile?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
I am negotiating a deal for a CTR intake cam and a GSR exhaust cam. Would the GSR cam be worth installing, or is the B16A one good enough to work with the CTR? I will be getting either an ITR or AEBS intake manifold soon to help take advange of the cam, but for now I would have to get one or the other.

i'd only get the gsr cam if it were free. why not get an itr/ctr exhaust cam to go with it?

Originally posted by B16@Oct 9 2003, 11:39 PM
i'd only get the gsr cam if it were free. why not get an itr/ctr exhaust cam to go with it?

Well, the guy is throwing in the GSR cam, and is offereing the CTR for $200, so it sounds good (maybe too good), but hey I have sold some stuff for much less than it was worth just to get rid of it. I am just wondering if the GSR cam is worth putting in to compliment the CTR, or would I be wasting my time and money on the seals etc...

I thought the 98+ ITR cams were the same spec's as the ctrs cams?

if he is throwing it in, then yes take it, i believe the gsr has slightly longer duration

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Oct 9 2003, 06:09 PM-->
Originally posted by brc80@Oct 9 2003, 11:54 PM
I thought the 98+ ITR cams were the same spec's as the ctrs cams?

Yes, they do.

No, the 2000-2001 ITR is the same as the CTR. 97-99 has the slightly shorter duration (3-4 degrees) on the intake.

B16
@Oct 9 2003, 07:23 PM
if he is throwing it in, then yes take it, i believe the gsr has slightly longer duration

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around... GSR has higher lift and less duration, but eh- I'm not sure on that. I know that the GSR cams are the best OEM cams for a turbo setup, that's for sure.

_____

John- I would go ahead and get both cams, then sell the GSR exhaust cam somewhere for a few bucks and try to get the CTR/ITR exhaust cam, along with the ITR valve springs.

why not put both CTR cams? and yes you might gain very very little from the GSR cams since b16 is correct with that..

Originally posted by JDMilan@Oct 10 2003, 04:05 PM
why not put both CTR cams? and yes you might gain very very little from the GSR cams since b16 is correct with that..

Because the guy only has the CTR intake. I'd replace both, but not going to pay 350 for an exhaust.

Back