CTR swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ek96CTR

HEY im new to this site and i have a ? i would like to ask .So if anyone with any knowledgable information i would greatly appreciate there info. I NEED WIRING INFO PLEASE HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

I recently purchased a 96 dx hatch with a 98 B16B ctr swap.the installer used the stock dx harness in the change over.he also used the obd2 jdm PCT ecu for the civic type r. Here is the issue the motor has no power until about 7 grand.and its real sluggish on the bottom end pull. by looking at the harness it looks like he rewired the tps,eacvand map sensor.there is also no 2nd o2 sensor.i thought all 0bd2 motors had to have a 2nd 02 or it would run like crap. the thing is i have no cels(ckeck engine lights) what so ever.i also thought that the ctr redlined about 9200 mine does at 8800 is that right. I am recently new to the obd2 swaps
First one actually. im know every thing about 0bd1 swaps its all i ever had. SO if you have any info please post some suggestions. THANK YOU

yeah...missing an O2 sensor will cause your car to run rich (i can attest to that, even in an OBD1 car). I dont know why you arent throwing any codes. CTR isnt a common swap for us, but i know there is a way to hard wire the second o2 sensor into the ECU...i think brian has the pin reference in our reference section.

well i read on honda tech that jdm engines have no 2nd 02sensor,or cfk at the oil pump at least the ctr and itr. I dont know if thats right but my cel comes on when i switch the car on and then goes right off when i crank it. I even went to the point off unpluging sensors to make it come on.And the first sensor i unplugged turned it on .i just dont get it

all b series motors from japan or the us only have 1 o2 sensor. This includes integras and the 99-00 civic si.

Back