1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CTR Valvetrain w 12.1 compression

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by khai_tuan_nguyen, Aug 14, 2004.

1. khai_tuan_nguyen

khai_tuan_nguyen Senior Member

Hi everyone
    I have 12.1 cr on a b20 w b16vtec head. I can purchase ctr valvesprings, retainers, but it will cost $$$$ for machine shop to install and $$$$ to pull the ehad at the local shop. I will be installing and dynotuning soon. I will only be revving to 8k max. IS it necessary to buy the springs and retainers for the ctr cams or since i am just revving to 8k is the b16 valvetrain fine? Will it be ok at the compression?

Khai

2. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

I'd think it'd be fine on the stock b16 springs and retainers since you're planning on staying under 8000 rpm. but... it won't hurt to check around for prices, the CTR stuff might be cheaper, or the skunk2 stuff might be cheaper.

and this should be in the engine building forum.

3. khai_tuan_nguyen

What is a valvelash? Also when i put the ctr cams in, is there anything i need to check? valvesprings, piston to valve clearance? valve lash? If so what do i check for?

Khai

4. dohch22a4

dohch22a4 Senior Member

Skunk2 vlavesprings and retainers = Junk2. Fuck 'em. And yes, Virginia, your B16 valvetrain will hold up to 8200 RPM with no problems.

5. khai_tuan_nguyen

Virginia?

Soi what else should I check for when installing the cams? What other things to look at check?

Khai

6. khai_tuan_nguyen

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted