CTR Valvetrain w 12.1 compression

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

khai_tuan_nguyen

Hi everyone
I have 12.1 cr on a b20 w b16vtec head. I can purchase ctr valvesprings, retainers, but it will cost $$$$ for machine shop to install and $$$$ to pull the ehad at the local shop. I will be installing and dynotuning soon. I will only be revving to 8k max. IS it necessary to buy the springs and retainers for the ctr cams or since i am just revving to 8k is the b16 valvetrain fine? Will it be ok at the compression?

Khai

I'd think it'd be fine on the stock b16 springs and retainers since you're planning on staying under 8000 rpm. but... it won't hurt to check around for prices, the CTR stuff might be cheaper, or the skunk2 stuff might be cheaper.

and this should be in the engine building forum.

What is a valvelash? Also when i put the ctr cams in, is there anything i need to check? valvesprings, piston to valve clearance? valve lash? If so what do i check for?

Khai

Skunk2 vlavesprings and retainers = Junk2. Fuck 'em. And yes, Virginia, your B16 valvetrain will hold up to 8200 RPM with no problems.

Back