Custom box...ALMOST DONE

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
How am I supposed to make speaker rings without a jigsaw.

I broke that piece of shit and have been using a handsaw, but how am I supposed to cut the inside ring without it?

I wanted to start the fiberglass tonight.

But I guess I could fill you guys in. I got tired of the crappy walmart boxes for the crappy Sony 12's and they take up a shit load of space. So I decided to make a custom enclosure built into the side of trunk area in the Audi. I wanted it to look a little better than just a sub stuffed in a flat piece of carpetted area, so I'm giving it some dimension, thus the rings. I have this ungodly obsession with fiberglass but I'm not over doing it.

This one is boring...

DSC02937.JPG

It's going to look more like this one. on both sides.

dscf1206.jpg

I have some crappy sony explode 12's. They suck, cracked and I "repaired" them. They still hit kinda hard

Step one....

I don't have the digi, so it's crappy pics and I can't really make a step by step thing but w/e.

wMTEwMzI5NTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

that looks really distorted...oh well

step 2...

wMTEwMzY0NDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

I know this isn't primarily HS's motives, but someone will evenually want to know how to do it.

So I'll keep it going until.

A ) I give up
B )I fuck it up
C )I don't like it
D )All of the above

And the bonus
1)I end up somewhere I don't want to be

10 mins later and it's in Stage 3

wMTEwMzY1MTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

That's it for a little while, I have to actually go to work.

That $30 B&D jigsaw and $2 bit made life 1000x easier and 10 times quicker.

just to let ya in on how i make fiberglass boxes. if you dont already to this. go to your local fabric store and buy fleece and use that to stretch over your ring and frame. it works awsome and requires very little backfill to make it strong.

Very good idea...I'm thinkin I would have probably gone with a more plexiglass or carbonfiber staging, but still pretty impressive.

will do...

I should have the 1st part of the fiberglassing done today.

I have a feeling I'm going to fuck it up...but oh well.

I've made everything out of fiberglass.

Next is the cupholder, since my A4 lacks them

Well, it didn't turn out too bad for the first layet. I'm not taking a picture yet because I'd have to bring it upstairs and that shit stinks.

I decided to carpet it it, so it doesn't really matter what it looks like underneath, as long as it has the shape I want, which it does.

You can see more than a few bubbles. Nothing that can't be hidden or fixed.

wMTEwNDQ3ODZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Almost done, ready to be sealed around the edges and carpetted.

wMTEwNDcxMDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

my xplod 12s still hit REALLY hard. i actually have to turn down the amp most of the time...when i first go the car it almost made me sick

Back