Custom D Series Turbo Kit FS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Downs

I have some bills that I need to pay off, so I am selling my turbo kit. I have only had it for about 5 months. It includes
Garret T3 Turbo - no shaft play no bent fins. Adjustable wastegate (Fully boosted around 4000 rpm)
Tubular style manifold - it is braced underneath to prevent cracking from turbo weight).
Vortech FMU with all lines
Oil feed and return lines
NGK BKR7E plugs (2 step colder)
Audi BOV
Audi FMIC
Boost Gauge

Only thing not included is the IC piping. Email me for pics. downryan@isu.edu . Looking to get 650-700. TIA

PS I do have vouches.

pics?

PM me

isn't that kinda shitty to not have full boost till 4K???

Actualy that is good think about a honda engine most of your power is after 4 k. Shit I drive around sitting right at 3800 so if I give it a little gas I am at full boost. Even at a dead stop with a lightened flywheel you will hit 4 k quick. If your redline is at 7500 lets say your at full boost from 4 to 7 that is one nice pull. If you set full boost too low you will never get any grip and just spin and spin. Just a though

Originally posted by Projectzc@Apr 14 2004, 03:30 PM
Actualy that is good think about a honda engine most of your power is after 4 k. Shit I drive around sitting right at 3800 so if I give it a little gas I am at full boost. Even at a dead stop with a lightened flywheel you will hit 4 k quick. If your redline is at 7500 lets say your at full boost from 4 to 7 that is one nice pull. If you set full boost too low you will never get any grip and just spin and spin. Just a though

Very well said. But also keep in mind that you still boost before 4k but at 4k you are at full boost.

Originally posted by Downs+Apr 14 2004, 04:02 PM-->
Projectzc
@Apr 14 2004, 03:30 PM

Very well said. But also keep in mind that you still boost before 4k but at 4k you are at full boost.

Another Good Point

i highly doubt that if you had full boost by 2500 rpm that you would just spin
and if you did
get better tires... simple fix

but yea, i guess its a large turbo for a small engine so lots of lag?

I don't think that a T3 is too big for a 1.6 liter engine. If you have too small of a turbo, you have good low end power, but very little top end power. In my opinion, T3 is just perfect. And it also depends on how much boost you run. I am running 9 lbs. If you ran 5 pounds, you would be at full boost sooner. I think that a T4 would be too big for a stock civic motor and would result in lots of lag.

Back