custom panels

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im mounting speakers on my panels, and i got all the fiberglass down and dried looks good, gunna post pics when i get home, im just confused now, does bondo go on top now, or as i heard mix resin with bonda as a thin layer on top of the fiberglass , and then bondo on top of that, i need help people, thanx :worthy:

You can actually do either one you choose. If you make a thin mix, it is easier to cover the entire project and then sand to a decent finish. You could also (depending on the amount of curvature) cover it with a nice tweed or your choice of fabrics. Just my opinion :D Hope it helps a bit.

id maybe buy some glazing putty instead of bondo. the finish turns out better because it is thinner than bondo and it doesnt sound like you need a lot of build.

Thanks a ton cointelpro, but I can't take credit for that article. That's from a lowrider site ( not sure of the addy, but I did give credit on the page). We do alot of fiberglass here, but when someone obviously does such an awesome job (like the lowrider people) we take a back seat :D . I'm just trying to gather information (tips & tricks) all in one place. That way people are free to pick and choose what they need. Thanks for the compliment though.
As far as glazing putty goes, xyswany is right. I would use the putty if it were a very small piece. The only problem I ever had with it is (depending on the fiberglass finish) you may need to use a large amount in order to fill the face surface. :lol: Just my opinion, hope it helps.

Back