1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

custom panels

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by 93stockhatch, Nov 6, 2003.

1. 93stockhatch

93stockhatch Banned

im mounting speakers on my panels, and i got all the fiberglass down and dried looks good, gunna post pics when i get home, im just confused now, does bondo go on top now, or as i heard mix resin with bonda as a thin layer on top of the fiberglass , and then bondo on top of that, i need help people, thanx :worthy:

2. Wycked Sniper

Wycked Sniper Senior Member

You can actually do either one you choose. If you make a thin mix, it is easier to cover the entire project and then sand to a decent finish. You could also (depending on the amount of curvature) cover it with a nice tweed or your choice of fabrics. Just my opinion :D Hope it helps a bit.

3. cointelpro

cointelpro Senior Member

sniper is the fiberglass god, i saw his site, take his advice for sure. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

4. swanny

swanny Senior Member

id maybe buy some glazing putty instead of bondo. the finish turns out better because it is thinner than bondo and it doesnt sound like you need a lot of build.

5. Wycked Sniper

Wycked Sniper Senior Member

Thanks a ton cointelpro, but I can't take credit for that article. That's from a lowrider site ( not sure of the addy, but I did give credit on the page). We do alot of fiberglass here, but when someone obviously does such an awesome job (like the lowrider people) we take a back seat :D . I'm just trying to gather information (tips & tricks) all in one place. That way people are free to pick and choose what they need. Thanks for the compliment though.
    As far as glazing putty goes, xyswany is right. I would use the putty if it were a very small piece. The only problem I ever had with it is (depending on the fiberglass finish) you may need to use a large amount in order to fill the face surface. :lol: Just my opinion, hope it helps.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted