cv axel hell

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

trident

reposting here because i posted in engine building by mistake!
Ok, about a month ago i bought a 1990 honda civic hatch with what I was told was a 94 integra ls b18. 4 days after I bought it I broke a cv axle (drivers side half shaft). So I called the guy I bought the car from and he tells me no big deal its under warranty at autozone where he bought them, so I traded it out put the new one in but ever since my wheel has been making a thumping sound every time it makes a rotation speeding up as the wheel does. At first i thought wheel bearing so i changed it. Wasted 50 bucks there so i started asking questions about the motor. The motor is a b18a1 and tranny is s1-1053826. some people have told me that motor is 90-93 not 94. I know that the axle I put in was a 94, so is this what is causing the noise? and If so why wasnt it making the noise before if that was what he put in there! By the way he had just replaced it the day I bought it and it broke 3 days later and i wasnt even driving it hard. So far I have had it apart 5 times trying to locate the problem and I feel like im in cv hell. any help would be realy nice thanks guys.:confused:

Check the ECU, what computer does it have in it?

Sounds off the wall but that will tell us better what motor you have.

'reposting here because i posted in engine building by mistake!' maybe i didnt make myself clear on the first line above , anyway ill go check the ecu

didnt bother reading.. i just saw 2 of the same topic.. all you had to do is ask a moderator to move it for you

your engine is not a 94 or it would be a B18B

Those axles are rebuilds and some time they are rebuilt crapy.
If you have vibration when driving then yeah just change the axle again. See if you have any excessive play with the axle.

I dont see a problem with the year of motor being a problem B trannys use the same axles but might whant to check that out for shure.

i thought there was something weird about the knuckle if you use a 94+ axle. Im an H-series guy, but i thought there might have been a reason that all these b-series swaps need "90-93 integra axles"

Back