cv joint pop out.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

uptownsamcv

i just started havign a cv joitn pop out problem 2 weeks after putting in my new cv joint. what coudl cause this. i baught it from napa and its a remanufactured cv joint. it seems to do it mainly when i reverse out of a parkign spot. what should i do? the car is a 89 crx si.

The axles need to have the retaining c clip things installed in the groove around the tranny side of each axle. Without those the axles will come out.

the clips on mien must be completely worn otu or gone cause i can put it all the way in on the tranny side with no resistance. i guess i have to pullit out tomorow. who makes the best c clips? it is possibel that teh axle coudl be too short?

I'd take it back and see if they will replace it, seeing how it is 2 weeks old

I had that happen on my 88 sedan. Returned the axle and they gave me a new one without any extra charge. The new new axle worked great. I guess some of those refab one have some flaws.

can i just get a new clip? i dotn want to wait for them to order another axle again.

Is it a stock cv joint? If so, wouldn't they have one in stock already or did you have to special order it before?

Getting a new clip would be your decision and you would be doing it at your own risk.

Back