1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CYP sensor help

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by mikek1024, Mar 16, 2008.

1. mikek1024

mikek1024 New Member

Alright, I threw a number 9 CEL. I have a 92 civic dx and recently had a replacement d15b7 put in (I know, I didn't know any better). I also had a new(er) distributor from Autozone put in. The CEL has been on since the swap, and everything I've been reading leads me to believe the distributor is bad. Is there anything I can check and rule out before I move to the distributor? It's still under warranty at Autozone, so it shouldn't be a problem getting the dizzy replaced. I'll appreciate any help guys.

2. LS_VTEC

LS_VTEC you get the BRAKE

What was the #9 code for?

3. mikek1024

mikek1024 New Member

Apparently it's for the cylinder sensor inside the distributor. I don't know much about it though.

4. evokilla@nadsny.com

evokilla@nadsny.com New Member

sounds like you got a crap ass distributor.....go change it for a new one if that still doesnt work then look else where...if that sensor is bad there is no replacement for it anyway so you'ld be getting a new one

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted