d-16 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

minivan

hey i was just wondering how all you guys felt on the d-16 swap into a 91 civic.

usually the debate is between b and h series. why not a b series? like a b18c1:shrug2:

d-16 a1. i did the swap and why do you guys all hate on that. this swap is for those people who cant afford a big swap you dont need a tansmission you can keep the 4 speed. and for any one who is intersested which would 20 horses help alot and need a motor mount for it i know some one who makes them cause he made one from me and its real nice

Were not hatin, its jst not a recomended swap. Save a few more dollars (not literlaly) and get a B series and be that much more happier.

But it seems as though yoou have alreay swapped... :hmm: o wells

EDIT: Not to mention you asked how we felt about it. So dont get mad when people tell you their personal opinions about it. thanks

Originally posted by rudeludenotmeanthough@Oct 29 2003, 08:51 PM
Were not hatin, its jst not a recomended swap. Save a few more dollars (not literlaly) and get a B series and be that much more happier.

But it seems as though yoou have alreay swapped... :hmm: o wells

EDIT: Not to mention you asked how we felt about it. So dont get mad when people tell you their personal opinions about it. thanks

I agree. I mean you did asked us how we felt. Since now i know which d16 you're talkin about. I dislike the d16a1. Weak motor.

I have a d16z6 in my 88 Rex. It is not a bad motor at all. If you are going to put in a d16 I would highly reccomend the Z6. I got mine for $300 and kept the Si tranny. For that extra amount I would have spent on the B16 I can invest that in rebuilding my Z6 and be faster than a stock B16. Now not to BS you, a B16 built would outrun a D16 built anyday. But it is all in all a good swap.

Peace*

DEFINTELY GO WITH THE Z6 WITH THE MONEY YOU SAVED LOOK INTO A TURBO. HONDA TUNING IS CURRENTLY DOING A BUDGET BOOST SERIES AND HAVE ADDED A SHIT LOAD MORE HP AT LEAST ENOUGH TO OUT RUN S STOCK B16. IN THEIR FIRST INSTALLMENT THEY DID A MODEST TURBO SET UP FOR AROUND 350 BUCKS AND RAN ON STOCK INTERNALS AT A MODEST 6 PSI OF BOOST.

Back