d-serie head vtec or not vtec swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

safiro21

Hello! OK!!!
I have a b15b2 hatch dx 88, I spend on put the crx si fuel and electric swap ( now is mpfi) i bought a head b16y8 VTEC sohc and a d16a6 complete motor not vtec.

With the vtec head I can use a APEXI to control fuel and vtec without change the pm6 computer or I need to change any way to p28?

What head is going give me more power the not vtec with 3 stage cam on it. Or vtec with the Apexi.??

The block is going to be d16.
I try to avoid the obd0 to obd1 swap. PLZ HELP ME!! :confused:

Honda civic 88 dx 1.5 liter dpfi....
Change to MPFI. with the pm6 computer CRX computer.
1 head d16y8 vtec.
1 motor d16a not vtec
Wires OBDO connectors
HOW do Vtec controller without change computer?
Who give me more Power? head not vtec with cam or head with vtec?
MORE SIMPLE?

97 cx, non v-tec to v-tec

i don't know how to post my own so here it is lol and i hope i can get some help with it, i changed my d16y7 and put a d16y8 head on it, i only put the head and nothen else on, i changed computer from d16y7 to d16y8, and it's the right one, but it runs way better with the d16y7 computer, and if i put 12 volts to the v-tec solinoid it makes a clicken sound and almost stalls sometimes if it's idling, or when i'm reven it down the street and give it 12 volts it doesn't do anything, no added power and just doesn't change anything at all, i can tell a big differrence between the two heads without the v-tec worken, there's a lot more powerr withh this head, is the v-tec not worken at all? or is it worken and i just can't tell because i didn't change the intake, injectors, exhaust, etc? i'm just wonderen this so i don't go spended a lotta money i don't have right now tryen to get the v-tec worken if it already is, and i would much rather spend the money on the intake and injectors and stuff like that before messen with the v-tec anymore than i have to right now? anyone's advice would be great right now, thanx

@saif: head with vtec give more power. Need wire vtec to computer. d16a6 is obd0. d16y8 is obd2. umm lol.

@kwil: Don't threadjack, you will get flamed. Post thread on the top right left corner.

You tell me the crx distributor not fit in the y8 head??

You tell me the crx distributor not fit in the y8 head??
Sure the OBD0 Si dizzy fits but you NEED to convert to OBD1 to run that thing properly. Nobody "ghetto" rigs things anymore. Do the OBD1 conversion with a D16Z6 distributor and a P28 ECU. Its not hard, I did mine when I was 14.

Back