1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d series and b series

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by typesiracing, Dec 7, 2003.

1. typesiracing

typesiracing Senior Member

i have the stock d15 from a 93 civic dx and i'm doing a swap but i'm piecing together the b series motor....i'm just curious if anyone knows what is compatible if anything, such as flywheel, altenator, crank pulley etc. so i can avoid spending money on stuff i don't need...i know all the mounts work except the tranny mount..thanks in advance.

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

flywheel = no
    pullies = dont think so
    alternator = no

3. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

TB's fit and most sensors (if same OBD). and ur gonna need to change the drivers side mount not the tranny side. umm i dunno whatelse.

4. noobvang

noobvang Senior Member

Only things that I know fit are a few sensors and just about all the nuts and bolts...... <_<

5. dhaccordLT-R

dhaccordLT-R Senior Member

vss, vehicle speed sensor is interchangable

6. Kracer427

Kracer427 Senior Member

The only thing i know of that is interchangable are SOME sensors, like on the intake manifold and the throttle body, but i'm pretty sure the tb is smaller on the d15 so it's like why bother when you get a bigger one with the b-series. If your gunna swap in a b-series (and give up hope on your poor little d, tisk tisk), your gunna need to buy pretty much all the little goodies that come with it, i.e: distributor, alternator, p/s if needed. The price to pay when you swap and have it run. Engine (complete), Axles, Tranny, ECU, harness maybe, and whatever goods you want to add to make it super pimp. B)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted