1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D-series buildup?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by integrawow, May 17, 2006.

1. integrawow

integrawow Member

I did some research on a number of d-series combos, so I need a pat on the back for that. The things that are confusing me are:

1) Using the crank out of the D17 engines, which is a 94.?mm stroke, and using it in one of the D16 engines. Can I do this or not?

2) I was also wondering why the DOHC ZC engine calls for 137hp and the D16Z6 only calls for 125hp. My first thought is the differences in cylinder head flow, but I am not sure.

3) Is there any way that I can put the 94mm crank into a ZC DOHC engine?

4) Last but not least and all bull-$hit asside, which d-series head flows the best?

I know all kinds of shit about b-series engines, but I don't know hardly anything about d-series engines.

2. integrawow

integrawow Member

Can someone please move this topic to the engine building section.

Thanks.

3. R1Motorsports.com

R1Motorsports.com Junior Member

1) It can be done, but IMO its not worth it, the longer stroke makes the Rod to Stroke ratio thats already not that good alot worse.

2) The DOHC ZC had a little higher comp. and slightly better cams if I remember right. I think the heads flow pretty close to each other.

3)same as 1)

4) Z6/Y8 Most people say the Z6 head is slightly better, but I prefer the Y8 because of the chamber design. The Y8 will yield slightly higher comp. than the Z6 because of the smaller chamber though. Either one is a very good head.

4. hondarin

hondarin Please enter a value using 50 characters or fewer. VIP

1) if the crank from a D17 is larger than a D16 crank, and you use the rods from a D16, and it fits and works, then the rod to stroke ratio would be better. if the crank does most of the stroke movement, then your engine will be able to rev higher and quicker.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted