D series Gearbox's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EkFourgasm

Hi all! i just have a question about gearbox's, ive tried the search route but cant find what im after:(, so any help?:)Please

What it is, my friend has an ek civic with a D14 engine and an S40 gearbox but it won't go in to third gear, now i was going to strip it but rememberd i have a spare box from my eg civic which had a D16 engine the box is an s20, are the two box's interchangerble?

i know the gear ratio's may be different but will the clutch fit the splines etc and drive shafts in the diff etc etc?

Should be, yes. I think all the differential side splines for the axles should be identical for the EK transmissions, and they are all interchangeable on the engine side too.

Thanks for the info, how sure can you be though? as i dont want to leave the car sat on my drive in bits for too long.

I'm not 100% sure- but mostly sure.. I would definitely double check all the info before going out and buying stuff just on my say.

no thats fine i already have a box sat there so its worth a go, ill let you know the outcome for future referance. Thanks again.

WHy dont you be REALLY clever (sorry for the sarcasm) and Call a Honda or Acura Dealership and ask them, the service department will know straight away usually lol

ask to talk to an Old guy, old mechanics know heaps of tricks

Horn Head!!

horn head im in the trade so my initial idea was to ask a dealer which i had done already, with the gear box numbers to hand, they where unable to help, then one of the technicians said about this site, and said i would get friendly advice which i have had up until now.

I joined the site as i have had enough of small minded twats looking for an arguement on civic sports club, although it seems you are everywhere, thank you for the friendly advice, oh and sorry for the sarcasam.

grow up, theres plenty of dealers who know fucking nothing about honda's and just sell them, and there's some who know the engines as well. its a suggestion, HOW the hell do i know you went to honda? theres 4 in my area and 2 of them are useless while 1 works with a modifying company alot and the other has some experienced staff, so the point is ask about, search the web for the combinations and see what results come up, so before you go accusing people of being small minded 'wonder' why they might have said something. Im not your fukn neighbour and dont have a clue whats in your area. comprende
everywhere lol, what 4 questions makes me everywhere... for someone in the 'trade' as you put it, you dont seem to bright.

all i did was recommend some logical steps, if you want your hand held and boxes ticked as you do it then ask ya mum... EMAIL these people

JDM Engines Parts Wholesaler - The biggest exporters of Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) Vehicles - cars, front clips, complete swaps, transmission, body parts, seats, accessories, computer ecu, computer chips
Max Power | Home | The world's best modified car magazine
Honbits, Perth, Western Australia, honda, services, auto recycling, salvage, products, cars, car parts, perth car parts, perth honda parts, honda perth, perth honda, cars perth, car services perth, perth car services, car salvage perth, perth car sal (Honda importer and Modifyer)
Driveline.net.au - West Australian Online Modified Cars & Models Magazine
D-series.org
www.jdmcivic.org

So as you said how are you supposed to know i went to the dealer, and also you dont know whats in my area yes? So why the fckin sarcastic reply? and yes i done a search and got my question answered, so it looks like your the one who aint too bright.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back