1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D15 DPFI to D16 MPFI OBD1

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by probingyou, Feb 1, 2009.

1. probingyou

probingyou New Member

hello everyone im new to the whole honda swap things, all that changed when i bought a 91 civic hatch. i have 225,000 miles on it and the engine is pretty toasted compression sucks, head had a crack ect. I dont want to bother putting forth the effort to save the engine so i want to swap in a newer D16 either a obd1 or 2 non vtech engine.

since i dont know the intricate details involved here are what i need to know.
    looking at a non vtech 92-2000 d16

if i swap the whole long block with its ecu and harness into my civic. will everything bolt on? or do i have to rewire stuff? if so what do i have to rewire? the trans is a 5spd from a crx si will that bolt up?

the civic is fun to drive but the d15 DPFI is just slow. i need a little bit more from my daily driver. MY other car is a 1990 ford probe turbo running around 300hp. THAT car is sick, but its not running right now because my megasquirt setup took a dump due to a wiring error.

Im also an ASE certified auto tech and have been in the game a while. im confident in my abilities, i just want someone to guide me as to what i have to do. to make this swap painless

thanks alot in advance

2. disableddan

disableddan Crazy Insane

DX,STD (DPFI) -> Si,HX (MPFI) wiring

Remember to get extra ECU connector pins for the wires you have to add. I can't speak for all D series motors but I'm pretty sure if it's OBD 0 or 1 and it's not Vtac the wiring shouldn't be (much) different. You'll probably find specific info on a swap for the engine you eventually choose by searching the forum.
    Good luck man, if you're already a certified auto tech then swapping an engine in a honda should be a cake walk for you!

3. boosthead90

boosthead90 New Member

hey guys i got something similar but i want to know
    i have a d16y7 in a 90 civic sedan and its auto , its still have the daul point fuel injection and i want to change it to do a multi point swap
    i have a d16 intake manifold , resister box , and i want to use a obdo ecu so am staying obdo i want to use a p29 ecu
    tell me what are your responses

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted