d15 eg non vtec to d16 vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

general609

I have a d15 non vtec in my hatch i am doing the motor swap for a d16 vtec my question is after the engine is in and it all said and done for the vtec wiring I just run it from the clip threw the fire wall then i hook it up to the ecu but how what pin what wire do i have to splice i dont know how to go about it...

the easiest way is to get a harness from a junk yard and take the pins out of it then you can plug them into your plug to your ecu..as far as how and wat wires to where the easiest is to run them from the vtec solenoid and pressure switch to your ecu and find a good ground anywhere..the wires youll use are orange and white and the other is orange and green..run the orange/white to the vtec solenoid and A4 on the ecu and orange/green to the pressure switch and D6 on the ecu..theres also a picture in the reference section under ecu pinouts

I know if you own a 92 CX Hatch the wiring for Vtec is already right there at the Shock Tower, I dunno if 92 DX Hatches also have the wiring or not, but just a little FYI.

A full engine wiring Harness for a Z6 costs between 40-80 average, up to 120 if they are in high demand and that would be simply plug and play Vtec.

Ever consider a MiniMe Swap? Don't have to pull the engine or tranny or anything, alot less labor.

im pretty sure all 92's were wired for vtec and ive heard that some 93's were too but idk about that..mine wasnt at least..and yes a mini me swap is quite a bit less work but imo the dx trany sucks compared to the ex/si tranny so i would change that too

im pretty sure all 92's were wired for vtec and ive heard that some 93's were too but idk about that..mine wasnt at least..and yes a mini me swap is quite a bit less work but imo the dx trany sucks compared to the ex/si tranny so i would change that too

Strongly agree on the DX Tranny suckage... I have a CX Tranny, Its like I could go make a Sandwich while waiting for my RPMS to get to redline under WOT.

more like a couple sandwiches..i had one on my b7 before i did a swap and it was rediculous..so if your gonna swap to a d16 either a mini me or a full swap i would change the trany too

There should be numerous wiring diagrams about VTEC pinouts floating around the internets. I know for VTEC oil pressure it's pin B-4, but I don't know off the top of my head what pinout it is for the VTEC solenoid.

And when doing the swap, just change everything over. A DX block with an EX trans and head isn't bad, but the 100cc extra displacement is a tad bit noticable, and the Z6 block is built a little better.

There should be numerous wiring diagrams about VTEC pinouts floating around the internets. I know for VTEC oil pressure it's pin B-4, but I don't know off the top of my head what pinout it is for the VTEC solenoid.

And when doing the swap, just change everything over. A DX block with an EX trans and head isn't bad, but the 100cc extra displacement is a tad bit noticable, and the Z6 block is built a little better.

no vtec oil pressure switch is not pin B4. i already said how to wire it in before. the vtec oil pressure switch is pin D6 and vtec solenoid is pin A4. the B plug isnt used at all to wire in vtec. try checking out the reference section

I was thinking about the A-4 plug. As I said before - I was pulling these off the top of my head. I've done around 6-7 VTEC wiring jobs since I did my own Mini-me swap 2 years ago. I think I know what I'm talking about.

Back