D15B 3 stage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thaknee

HEy ,

I got a 95 Civic, with a D15B 3 stage engine, would a P08 ECU work with it?

Will work but may not run well.

You can try activating between the 2nd and 3rd stage. Leave the 12-valve 1st stage out, which means powering 12V to the spool valve with the red wire(?) all the time. You will also need to add a vtec oil pressure switch to the spool valve with the green/yellow wire to run with the P08.

where did you get ahold of a 3-stage? I was looking for one of those for the longest time awhile back...

does anyone even know what ecu the 3-stages run? I did some quick googling but didn't find anything

Quoted post[/post]]
Will work but may not run well.

You can try activating between the 2nd and 3rd stage. Leave the 12-valve 1st stage out, which means powering 12V to the spool valve with the red wire(?) all the time. You will also need to add a vtec oil pressure switch to the spool valve with the green/yellow wire to run with the P08.

Ok, how can I make it run well? will I have to get a P2J ECU?

Cuz i can get one of those but my tranny is the one the 95 Civic comes with stock. Another question with the P08, would I be able to get the 130 hp the engine comes with?

i own a singapore imported 1996 civic ferio V.T.I manual,fitted with the d15z7 (its a d15b designated d15z7 for the singapore market) engine, this engine is exactly the same as the d15b,its a 1.5liter stage vtec sohc 16v (has the two vtec solenoids ,plus econo light on dashboard..

tonight i'll unbolt the ecu mounts and check what the ecu sticker says, i myself am curious to see what ecu it is,i think its an odb2 because the engine has a c.k.f sensor (crank speed fluctuation) and its much larger than my friends singapore imported exi which has the non vtec d15z4 pgm-f1 sohc 16v

one wierd thing ,my cars engine checklight works fine ,it extinguishes when the relay clicks,but does not come on when i unplug the 02 sensor ,could it be chipped,i read that aftermarket add on chips can disabled error reporting for certain sensors(unpuggimg the iat activates the cel)...how would i find this add on mod ,i wanna maximise on fuel consumption also the vtec 3rd stage wildcam vtec kicks in at 5000rpm aint that too low??? reveiws from from www.vtec.net reported it kicking in at 6000rpm for this engine

Punisher,

If iI put a 12V line to the red wired solenoid, would'nt it mean that It will stay active all the time?

How could I make it work better?

Back