1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d15b cam help

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by iwant2drivefast, Jun 17, 2006.

1. iwant2drivefast

iwant2drivefast Junior Member

I want to get the most out of my civic, but I can't find anyone with a cam for my d15b.:mad: Can I use a cam for the d16?? or am I just wasting my time looking for anything? :confused: Any Ideas for more power for this engine would be helpful. I am also using a unmodified p08 ecu. Would it make a difference changing to a p28?

2. iwant2drivefast

I'm not noticing much difference between the d15b vtec, and the original d15b7 that was in the car. I would like any ideas on how to get more out of this engine.

3. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

i think he is wondering if he can use a z6 aftermarket cam in a d15.

4. iwant2drivefast

Anything to help this little car to get up to speed faster is what I'm looking for. I thought maybe a more aggressive cam would do the trick, without having to really tear things apart. Any ideas would be helpful.

5. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Z6 head=D15B VTEC head(P08). The camshaft specs between the Z6 and B-VTEC is debateable, because I guy took apart I think 5 or 6 D16Z6s and a few D15Bs, and found out that some of the Z6s had that aggressive "D15B" camshaft.
    A Crower stage 2 or Akmee Type-S would work good for you(I don't know alot about the Zex camshaft).

btw, I have Crower Stage 3 D16Z6 camshaft for my D15B VTEC(not right now; the camshaft was sent back to Crower because of pitting I found when I bought it). you can use Y8 ones too, but remember to use Y8 camgear with it.

6. mylo

mylo Junior Member

hey man, dont suppose u know the difference in the ESI D16Z6 and the ESI D16V6??? or is it much of a big deal?!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted