D15b Into 92' Sedan

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

|Chaz|

VIP
So the time has come for me to do something about my oil burning hunk of motor. I can't justify the $ for a B, so I'll settle for this http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30021

It's going to be a fairly straightforward swap. I believe I'll be able to utilize my stock mounts. I'm not sure about the axles, I'm assuming so. I'm going to keep my dx tranny, it's still in good shape and I don't want to fork over the extra cash for an ex or si. I think my stock exhaust system should also bolt up. I'm thinking I should replace the clutch while I'm done there as well.

The only thing I'm not positive about is the wiring, I've heard that all 92's are prewired for vtec and I've also heard that they weren't. So any help you can give for wiring would be appreciated.

I think by the time this is all said and done, I'll have about $1200 spent.

Any suggestions you guys want to throw out there before I start ordering stuff?

shop around. my friend bought his b18b on craigslist for about $1000. it was $1200 total after install. if you save just a couple more dollars, you can probably get the swap.

d15b is a good motor. i'd save the cash and get the ex/si tranny with it. u'll be dissapointed when u shift at the redline and the car bogs down in the next gear bc of the longer gears and the engine falls out of vtec. just a suggestion. sell the dx tranny to recoup the money u spend.

Yea, I am going to get an ex/si tranny. My throwout bearing is going in my dx tranny. I'd might as well just replace it now instead of a year from now.

coupe said it best, and trust me chaz, get the si tranny. I mean, hitting 100kmhs in 2nd is fun, but losing every car after that because third gear is so damn long...get the si tranny lol

d15b vtec is a great motor, basically a de-stroked d16z6.
save the driver side mount off your b7, sometimes the d15b has an 'angled' mount.
also keep the 4 wire o2 sensor unless you get a p08 ecu with the d15b
a lot of 92-95's are wired for teh vtec already, if yours isn't there are lots of write ups.

Got my D15B ordered earlier today. Along with the trans and ecu. Should be arriving at Hmotors on the 26th and then however long it takes them to ship it out.

Back