D15b into 93 DX - Help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

t3mp3st

First of all I have swapped in a D15b (JDM) into my 93 DX Hatch. The car runs, but there's still some kinks to work out. We wired up V-Tec and had it working, but when trying to solve some other problems it has stopped working. I am runnin the p28 ECU in the car as well.

Now i have a CEL and it's only giving me Code 21. As the car is right now, the MAP sensor from the D15b is in place (they changed from stock MAP sensor to that one, no vacuum hose on the new one). Right now the engine idles at about 1500rpm, but bounces up and down pretty quickly and at a steady rhythm (hovers just around 1500, never drops below about 1450 though). Also after driving for awhile, the car will just shut off.

I've been trying to figure this out for awhile now, and I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out with it. I think we're using the O2 sensor off of the old motor.

Any ideas? Thanks to whomever offers some help!

your runnin the map sensor that is located on the tb of the D15B or the stock one that is mounted on the firewall?? You need to run the one on the tb. the reving seems like a prob i had when i swapped in a D15B VTEC into my DX sedan. My prob was located in the bottom of the tb, some plastic thing came unscrewed for the fast idle thermo valve. Than again, it may be your o2 sensor also. I'd try checking all three things out and than let me know if it still presists.

Thanks for the response. To clarify, I am using the MAP sensor that's mounted on the tb, not the stock MAP sensor.

Back