D15B Question Please Help!!!! 96-00 OBD2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondacivicmike

I just went and bought a d15B online that is non v'tec to put in a Si which was sohc vtec.

Questions:

1) This non vtec doesn't have a crank sensor what do I do? Do the US lx, dx have crank sensor?

2) Can I use the Vtec head and want do I do about the crank sensor?

Please help. Thanks!!

wait yuo mean D15B sohc motor. The jdm motor right? If so i thought they were all vtec motors. ? Also do you drive a crx? what year? i dont remember them having vtec motors from the factory. Yuo must have had a swap done already. Sorry man i'm just tring to figure out what your working with here. You should be direct swap if you already had a vtec motor. that is if the D15b that you have is vtec

Quoted post[/post]]
wait yuo mean D15B sohc motor. The jdm motor right? If so i thought they were all vtec motors. ? Also do you drive a crx? what year? i dont remember them having vtec motors from the factory. Yuo must have had a swap done already. Sorry man i'm just tring to figure out what your working with here. You should be direct swap if you already had a vtec motor. that is if the D15b that you have is vtec

Ya the JDM OBD2 d15b. I thought they were all vtecs too. But I guess not. This one is a 96-00 Model D15b but it is non vtec. I am trying to put it in a 97 Delsol that was Sohc Vtec but only till I get some more cash to do a bigger swap. I actually just sold my CRX. I have owned 4 of them between 88-91. I would like to get another one but they are getting hard to find.

ohh sorry well i learned something new

Back