d15b swap into ek

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94 tird

hey guys this may sound weird to you but i just got done putting a obd1 d15b vtec into my 1996 civic ex. i know its a strange swap choice but i kept spinning rod bearing in the y8 and i wanted to keep the single. its my daily driver so i wanted to keep it simple. but anyway i decided to get a chipped ecu from phearable. i got it tuned with the mods i have and the engine and all. i put the engine on the ex trans, and i put the y8 intake manifold on it with the injectors. i used the obd1 ecu just wired the plugs on the harness. i put it back in. get it all bolted up and start it up. it sounds great... that is until i hit the throttle. it will idle great but as soon as you hit the pedal at all it dies. i checked the timing and its good. it has a check engine light on. i scanned it and it said no link. figured it was the obd1 ecu. i put the y8 ecu back in. same issue but i get codes for the iac valve and the map sensor and of course the crankshaft positioning sensor wich the d15b doesnt have i think. i swapped the map sensor and now all i have is the iac and crank pos. i swapped iacs a couple times. no luck. any ideas????

Yep the you need to run pretty much all obd1 sensors or it wont work.. i had the same problem. I got an obd0 b16 a from an 89 crx and i had to convert all the sensors to obd2 because of all the problems

but the injectors you may look in to the older injectors ran a resistor box.. they had a differnt voltage they ran at and pulsing was differnt that is probably your problem if you check out hybid honda they have places on there where they explain the diff between the non resistor and resistor injectors and my bet is that is your problem when u push on the gas the injectors dont puls correctly because they arent running at the correct voltage with the older ECU and it just doesent get enough juce u can PM me if you have more questions or im me on AIM my SN is ONEMORETIME8503 im usually online

well i know about the different injectors and the resistor boxes. but i had a chipped ecu for that car with that engine and those mods. and all the sensors plugged right in to the obd2 harness. except the dizzy. i might just put the d15b intake and injectors on and see what happens.

Back