D15B vtec build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

well i was about to buy a GSR swap for my CRX, but im deciding to go another route and i dont want to spend too much money on my car right now(and trying to keep it sleeper). ive decided to go D-series route...D15B vtec to be exact(the old D15B2 might find its way into a go kart or my lawnmower maybe :p :D).

here's what im thinking of doing so far:
P29 or ZC pistons and new rings(.25 oversized)
P28 ecu with uberdata
gsxr1000 itb's(ive had them for awhile now)
bisimoto header
spark plugs :shrug2:

Does anyone know what the compression would be? i used a d-series calculator but its giving me like 14:1, is this right?

im also trying to decide on the cam right now:
JG engine dynamics or Crower stage-3.
ive read that the stage-3s need head modifications; does anyone know what exactly needs to be done? also, which one has a better(flatest torque band that will go up to like 7500-8000rpms).

last question; does anyone know the flow rate of the GSXR750 injectors? is it even possible to use the GSXR injectors?

Thanks for the help.

if the engine was a non-vtec i would run carbs, but to me tuning a EFI system is much easier.

thanks blanco. you think Crome or Uberdata will suffice?

BTW-- K2e2vin I'm an doing a simalar build for my CX hatch while I get my sleeved GSR bottom end going! If you have any question about this, LMK or I might hit you up if I get stuck on some shit! GL

matt

Back