D15b Vtec Into 94cx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Spyderturbo

Okay guys, the newbie is back with another question. I am trying not to spend much on my swap, I have a mortgage and as you may be able to guess by my name, a very fast DSM that swallows money by the fistfulls. :lol: I daily drive my 94 CX 5spd hatch, it is dead slow and I need a swap, I was leaning towards a B18A from a buddy but it's cable tranny, and I need hydro. Then I was leaning towards a D16Z6 but then I got a line on a D15b VTEC for $500, it's D "series" so it will bolt right in I think, should bolt up to the tranny, axles, everything, I will run it with a P28 ECU I believe. Does anyone see any problems with this idea. I know the CX tranny isn't ideal, but it's gonna have to do for now. I know some people will say save up for a B series, the D is not worth it, the D is a piece of shit, blablabla. Well I don't want to spend 2 grand for a swap. And I already have a mid 12 second car with my Spyder. I need simple swap power for a 72hp CX daily driver, so I quit getting spanked by 89 Ford Probes during the morning commute. So if anyone has done this, or has info please let me know! Thanks for your time!

-Matt

The DSM is alomost done :lol: I am 660cc injectors away from possible 11's, in a Spyder that is fast enough :lol: Check it out at www.slowboyracing.com customer section, Matt's Spyder......

The CX gotta get some motivation, I can't handle getting beat by Jetta's and Probes in the morning :lol:

you can get a complete d16z6 swap with tranny and ecu and all for 500 or less. look around.

I wish I could find a D16Z6 motor/tranny/ecu swap for $500. I can't find shit here in PA, if anyone lives in PA or within 4 hours drive time and wants to sell me a full D16Z6 swap for $500 post here :lol:

Originally posted by Spyderturbo@Jan 19 2003, 04:59 PM
I wish I could find a D16Z6 motor/tranny/ecu swap for $500. I can't find shit here in PA, if anyone lives in PA or within 4 hours drive time and wants to sell me a full D16Z6 swap for $500 post here :lol:

Talk to E_SolSi, he is swapping out his Z6, he was just going to blow it up, but I think 500.00 will change his mind.

my friend in rochester is selling a complete z6 head, and p28 ecu.. as for teh block he has a spun rod bearing in a a6... he lives in rochester ny, contact me for more details

Rapidly changing subjects, but will my 94 CX engine harness work for an OBD1 B18B? I may have a hook up on one of these now....

Thanks, Matt

Back