D15b Vtec Into A 94 Civic Ex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

iowasmurf

Well I swaped a D15B vtec in my civic but for some reason when I go to put the battery studs back on, the hot stud arcs. My battery fuse blew and I replaced it but now it just arcs. Besides ripping a wire on the way down when we did the install, I can't think of anything else that could of happen. Can pluging in a sensor plug in the wrong place do this or can it be the starter or alternator? Well any insight will help. Thanks. :worthy:

possibly a bad harness...but yeh, what the hell is a D15B vtec?

Originally posted by 7thgen01@Apr 26 2003, 03:21 AM
possibly a bad harness...but yeh, what the hell is a D15B vtec?

Do you read any of the previous post?

Problem solved. My unmechanically inclined helper thought that the alternator battery direct wire was a ground so he grounded it. I was also missing a castle nut for one of my balljoints too. Well guess what? He used it allready somewhere else. :( So hard to find good help :angry: As for the D15B Vtec motors, they are great. for their size and price. The motor was in really good condition and only costed me$510 shipped. If you don't want to read the whole article on the D15B vtec motor that has been given to you above, then I will explain to you. It is a JDM motor that we don't have here in the US. Got it :D .

since u already hve the ex....is the 5 hp difference between the d15b and the d16z6 really worth the swap?

No, I would never lose displacement for 5HP. The only reason I swaped is because I burned up my rings and spun some bearings, due to 8psi with a T3/T4 and a slow oil leak. I wish I could of swaped in a DOHC but that is all I could afford. I bought the motor for $380, shipped it for $139 and installed it myself. It was a really nice motor. Under the valve cover looked almost new compared to my 170000 mile D16Z6 motor. Well I will slap the turbo back on and make sure there are no oil leaks this time. :D

Back