D15B vtec swap wiring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kracer427

just recently picked up a D15B VTEC engine and noticed that it has a one wire o2 sensor on it. Will the one wire o2 sensor plug and play with the one-wire plug from my stock CX harness? I'm also planning on running the engine off of a P28, so will i need to get a four wire sensor instead?

the vx has 5 wires... wont work

didnt you get the ECU for the D15B with the swap???

if not you could probly get away with running a p28 as long as you convert to a 4 wire O2..... VTEC and fuel maps wont be quite right ... but its nothing a VAFC couldnt fix

Hey, i just bought a D15B swap also. Think you could help me along the way also. And as for an ecu. I dont' have it either. How much is a four wire 02 sensor? someone please let me know as i am swapping it into my 92 Civic DX.

the DX probably has a four wire but i'm not sure, too lazy to bust out the manual. Usually only the "economy" or "enhanced performance" engines have retarded o2 sensors. i tried buying a new one, LOL $285! Fug dat. the four wire sensor SHOULD only be like $60. If your swapping this engine into your DX, I would go the same route i'm going. Ditch the DX tranny and pick up an EX/Si one off of a D16Z6 for like $150-300. The tranny's like to blow for some reason and the gearing on the EX is WAY better. I thought about using the stock tranny until i realized i could take first gear to 45mph and second to 85! Closer ratios:more fun for high rpm engine. make sure to upgrade the clutch (exedy is great)and flywheel (better acceleration) cuz if you like driving crazy like i do, BBQ stock disc mmmmmm. at least you didn't buy into the B-series craze :blah:, good for you. it's always great being the underdog :nutkick: i wish the ECU came with it, but i decided the P28 would be "okay" cuz the head is off of an Z6 so why not? i had a friend who was getting rid of it anyways. the best part is going outside and soaking in the VTECness of it, in my opinion the best D-series made with a great r/s ratio and plenty of power on tap :worthy:

I agree. I will see about usin my stock o2sensor. I ordered the P08 ecu last night. Costin me $135shipped from japan. My engine came with the S20 5speed tranny. I believe its the stock tranny that comes with the motor. But yea, i really don't care for b series as i am not lookin for all out balls to the walls power. Just something to have fun with. And the D15B is by far the best d series motor you can get.

Oh yeah, i have an act clutch kit on the motor, so i don't have to worry about that.

i fuck with these d15b's all the time, they run fine on the p28's and just a tad bit faster on the p08, not enough to want to spend the money on one, but enough to use it over the p28 if you had the choice, and just use the 4 wire o2, i think E sol had the instructions on wiring up the 4 wire. your gonna have fun with that motor, it loves to rev and its pretty quick, i had the same set up, a d15b in a cx, and i never ran it at the track,but i was pullin 0-60 in 7.4 seconds, not too bad

Lucky for you man i can hook you up with guy that is sellin one. hitm e up on aim at civic92jak or jakmiller on msn or yahoo. Otherwise email me and i will hook you up with the motor.

Back