D15b won't start after swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRVTEC EG

I swapped a jdm D15b into my brothers 92 dx hatch.......

First start-up attempt---no spark, engine turned over but there was no spark.........swapped out coil and ignitor with the US coil and ignitor.....now i have spark.

Car still won't start up......it turns over but doesn't start up, i'm trying to start it on the US P06 ecu which i heard will run the car but it won't have vtec.

I'm going insane as to why it won't start......if anyone has any ideas, please post them......

I double checked the grounds......the car sputters once in a while but doesn't actually start.

Please help

Thanks in advance
steve

I'm getting fuel.....

The timing being off is exactley what i was thinking, how do i check that...sorry for the dumb question......is there a different way to adjust the timing besides sliding the dizzy towards the front or back? I didn't think that adjusting it like that would make a big enough difference in timing to make the car not start..

thanks again

it shouldnt ive started my car at 4 degreees advance, and ive started it at 16 degrees advance.

but yeah, that sounds like timing, double check your spark plug wires and that they are on the dizzy correctly, dont forget, on sohc the dizzy spins clockwise, not like dohc that spins counter! ;) 1 3 42 is your firing order, plug wires should be plugged in accordingly on your dizzy! :)

o0h yeah and you can check your timing on the crank and cam, pull the plug in cyl 1, put a loooong shafted screw driver down the hole, rotate crank BY HAND until the screw driver rises to its highest point. then pull off your top timing cover and see where that cam is siting, make sure it isnt a tooth off, and while you're at it, check timing belt tension!

thanks, i'm gonna head outside to work on it right now......i need to get this thing goin so i can get my hatchie back from my brother

Back