d15b2 block into eg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

invisibledemon

Bored
VIP
ok, so a guy i know blew the engine in his eg. he bought the d15b2 block that i had to try to get it running bc hes selling it, so he dont care about performance. i told him that im not positive about it going in correctly, but he wanted to try it anyway. i figured that it may bc ive seen people do the opposite and put the d out of a eg into the ef. but i didnt know for sure.
he said that the mount on the engine wont work and the mount of his engine puts it too far back. (the bracket that bolts onto the drivers side of the engine)
another friend said that the eg had about 4 different brackets and he would need to find the correct one.

is this correct? im trying to help the guy get it in, i havnt seen for myself what its doing bc apparently nobodys alowed in his garage. but what needs to be done to make it fit? any help is greatly appreciated.

if you are using the old tranny that was in the EG he will only have to change the upper ef engine mount in order to get it to work in the eg chassis
What I mean by this is that you have to remove the timing cover and unbolt the engine bracket and transfer the original eg bracket and mount over to the new engine. He will also have to re-use the EG front lower (a/c) bracket.

thats what he tried. he said that his bracket out of the eg doesnt fit on the d15b2 engine. and that the ac bracket doesnt fit either. but im not concerned about that.

that's wierd that the bracket doesn't fit, you should try to talk to blanco or civicious, they are really good with the d series engines, I am a b series guy and I have done my share of d series, but I coul dhave swore that all of the blocks were the same where the mounting bracket attached.
as far as the a/c bracket, I agree, who cares, you ever see the little shitty rubber mount that is on that thing? haha I don't think it does anything.

i thought the same. i figured that the d series were the same. im guessing the guy doesnt know shit about putting it in and dont know what hes looking at.

that's a possibility, either that or it's just one of those weird d series things, sort of like how some heads dont fit on some of the blocks or whatever, either way, hope you get it figured out.
//unsubscribe//

Back