1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D15B2 vs. D15B1

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Magik, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Magik

Magik Senior Member

Hey guys...

I have a good B1 in my smashed STD that is one of the best engines I've ever seen...and a "dying" B2 in my Si that I am driving...I'm contemplating pulling the B2 out of the Si and putting the B1 in...leaving the Si distributor and the Si MPFI...I only have $1000.00 to work with, and pulling an engine is wayyyy beyond me...so buying another engine is outta reach...

I guess what I am asking, is what am I really sacrificing here?

I've been told that a d15 with the Si distributor and the Si MPFI can actually end up making more HP than the stock A6...is there any truth to that?

:blink:

Jason

2. docdc75

docdc75 Junior Member

i would like to know the answer to that question also. cause i'm currently soing that swap for a customer and he's adding the d16z6 head on top of that

3. Punisher

Punisher Member

I've only heard the d16z6 head on top of the d15b pm3 block with vtec ecu makes more hp & torque than the stock d16z6. I did that swap, however, the high compression ratio blew my brandless head gasket within 3-4 months. I should have gone with the genuine Honda head gasket during that time.

$1000 - you can do almost any obd1 obd2 d-series vtec engine-ecu install and still have quite abit of money left.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted