D15B2 vs. D15B1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Magik

Hey guys...

I have a good B1 in my smashed STD that is one of the best engines I've ever seen...and a "dying" B2 in my Si that I am driving...I'm contemplating pulling the B2 out of the Si and putting the B1 in...leaving the Si distributor and the Si MPFI...I only have $1000.00 to work with, and pulling an engine is wayyyy beyond me...so buying another engine is outta reach...

I guess what I am asking, is what am I really sacrificing here?

I've been told that a d15 with the Si distributor and the Si MPFI can actually end up making more HP than the stock A6...is there any truth to that?

:blink:

Jason

i would like to know the answer to that question also. cause i'm currently soing that swap for a customer and he's adding the d16z6 head on top of that

I've only heard the d16z6 head on top of the d15b pm3 block with vtec ecu makes more hp & torque than the stock d16z6. I did that swap, however, the high compression ratio blew my brandless head gasket within 3-4 months. I should have gone with the genuine Honda head gasket during that time.

$1000 - you can do almost any obd1 obd2 d-series vtec engine-ecu install and still have quite abit of money left.

Back