D15B7, anything I should do before putting back together???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lionsfreak

Hi I am just putting my D15B7 head back together next week and was wondering any advice I could get. Is there anything that I should buy and or do before hand, I had a blown head-gasket. The car is a 93'DX-HB and had about 260,000 miles on it, it ran pretty strong up till the day it blew oil everywhere. I have also been talking to a guy that wants to trade me a turbo set-up for some stereo stuff. Should there be anything I should do before turbo-ing it? I am not wanting to go balls out but any advice is good advice.........I am all EARS, thanks

You most definently need to get the head rebuilt. Shouldnt cost more than $300. If its made it 260k without a rebuild, you are doing great, but its way overdue.

And I wouldnt attempt to turbo a 260k motor without a complete rebuild. But thats just me. If you dont care if your engine explodes, have at it. You'd only be out about $500 if it did.

I do have a couple of vtec heads at my disposal, I don't really know there condition though. Should I maybe go that route?

Back