D15B7/auto to D16Z6/5spd in a '95 DX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DuronClocker

I've got a '95 DX coupe with a bad motor, and I just picked up a D16Z6/5spd package that came with the P28 ECU, engine harness, manifolds, shift linkage, etc. Picked up new clutch hydraulics and pedals as well.

Will the P28/5spd ECU plug right into my stock P06/auto harness (ECU is located in the dash in these cars, right?)? I understand I'll have to run two wires from the bulkhead on the passenger side of my engine bay to the ECU connector. I know the auto ECU's are different from the manual ECU's, and I was just wondering if it is just an extra plug, or if the plugs are totally different. If its an extra plug, I could just leave that plug alone and not use it.

Great to know about the plugs, all other wiring isn't an issue. I know my stock engine harness doesn't have the VTEC wire, but I didn't think to check the other side that'd go to the ECU. If that wire is already there, it just makes this swap all the easier, no running wires through the firewall. I've re-wired plenty of harnesses in the past (mostly a GM F-body guy), so if it isn't there, running it is no big deal.

Back