D15b7 Mods

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turboman200

What type of modifications should i do to my d15 its in a 92 civic 4door. I plan to put a turbo on it ,but i want to do more to it. I herd about TB from a b engine will fit so im working on getting that. What other modifications should i do before i put my turbo on.
jesse :spin:

depends on the type of stuff you wantto do with your car. if you want to r0ll some 19's and have a bumpin' stereo maybe you should skip the engine mods that won't help with the looks of your car.

but if you want to go fast, you've come to the right place.

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Apr 17 2003, 02:14 PM
but if you want to go fast, you've come to the right place.

:werd: right place, wrong engine. I had that worthless piece of crap before I bought a sol. the engine is so weak, putting a Greddy full catback on it decreased power becuase the engine lacks hp/tq. on a Good note, you can do a mini-me (y8 head swap on the b7 block. Most aftermarket parts for a D16Z6 work with the B7 (header/pistons/rods/intake/etc)

well the stuff i want to do to my car is all performence first then looks later. i want it to go fast and look like a sleeper. i wanna do like 13s14s in the 1/4 mile if possible. im willing to spend some money not a whole lot but enough for what i want to do i wanna be able to beet most of the cars in my citydo u think u could help me on some info on how to do that.thanks
jesse :spin:

If it's fast and good, it's not cheap
If it's fast and cheap, it's not good
If it's good and cheap, it's not fast.

13 seconds huh? I see a swap in your future then. Or a built z6 wirh N20.

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Apr 17 2003, 02:21 PM
Most aftermarket parts for a D16Z6 work with the B7 (header/pistons/rods/intake/etc)

No internals are good for it. OEM pistons are the only pistons you should use in a D build up. They are cheap and offer a variety of cr options. Don't plan on turboing a B7. Spend $100 on a D16A6 longblock and swap it out if you want turbo. If you want to do stuff to this motor do a search it has been covered a lot lately.

Block guard, junkyard turbo with low boost. Sounds like that would make you happy

Back