D15b7 Stock Cam Dilemma

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

auggiereg

I am tired of the stock cam and I am having the hardest time finding something better. I am not necessarily looking for a racing aftermarket type but just something better. Is there a cam from another model vehicle that will fit in my car without any major modification? If anyone has a link to a site where I could get a hold of a good replacement cam please let me know. Also if anyone has a cam that would be better than the stock one and will fit my car I am willing to pay for it. Please let me know.

D16A6 cam works well. here's a quote to installing it

From Mista Bone @ www.dseries.org

ok, again! Yes, you know I'm getting tired of this! It needs FAQed.

BEFORE cam swap, set your igntion timing at 16 BTDC, the center mark. Bring motor to TDC, swap cams. Adjust lash (.006I/.008E for me) and start motor. Idle will be funky high or low, depending on which way you installed the cam (retarded or advanced).

Let engine warm to normal temps, then use cam gear to adjust IGNITION timing back to 16 BTDC at same rpm as you checked it BEFORE the cam swap. Once you get it right, your cam is now ZEROED. The cam GEAR should read 4-5 degrees Advanced/Retard depending on install.

I didn't inherit my mothers genes for being a teacher, but I can show you how hands on. Which is hard over the internet.

More questions?
Hit me up here or my email.....

ctague@cinci.rr.com

Back