d15b7 with a6 head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid4

A friend of mine is putting an a6 head on a d15b7. The old head is the 8 valve. Will this work, and does he need an a6 ecu and dist.? thanks

Well, he doesnt care about his car. He snapped his camshaft, and i had a spare a6 head i sold him real cheap. But, i realised when i got to his house, that it was the 8 valve head. He needs his car, so i just need to know if it will work. Just triing to help him out. But for someone doing this for horsepower, :withstupid:

i'm going to go with a big fat resounding NO on this one...

Boy, your overflowing with usefull information, aren't you? :roll: Do you know why it won't work? I would like to know details, not hear neandertholic blerps.

yes it will i helped a friend build a d15b7 with z6 head b16 rods and jdm zc pistons its like 12.8:1 and he takes it to 9k all day its the coolest d series i think ive seen yet

holly hell! I bet. Ive heard it will work, but im worried about his stock 8 valve pistons clearing the extra valves. <_<

it will work fine

people have done it plenty of times

im putting a z6 head onto my new d15b7

Originally posted by hybrid4@Aug 17 2004, 09:12 PM
Well, he doesnt care about his car. He snapped his camshaft, and i had a spare a6 head i sold him real cheap. But, i realised when i got to his house, that it was the 8 valve head. He needs his car, so i just need to know if it will work. Just triing to help him out. But for someone doing this for horsepower, :withstupid:
[post=378296]Quoted post[/post]​

Are you sure? Both the A6 and B7 heads have 16 valves.

I'm 100% positive it is an 8 valve head. He said the motor had been replaced before he bought the car. I looked at the head and pistons, shure nuff, 2 valves per cylinder. Does he need an a6 dist. and e.c.u.? 16 Valve head on 8 valve pistons? Is that possible? <_< I dont want to fuck him over by selling him the wrong head.

Back