d15b8 w/vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92slowmobile

Greatest Member
Ok, so i bought another 92 civic hatch with a engine with the code stamped on the block d15b8, did these ever come with v-tec, b/c i'm pretty certain there is a v-tec solenoid next to the intake manifold. Could anyone maybe give me some insight on this. Thanks.:ph34r:

I don't know it was odd when i noticed it. The guy said it was a stock d15b8 so i was shocked to see the v-tec solenoid. I know the d15b8 doesn't come with a v-tec but the car is pretty weak to have anything done to it

I don't know it was odd when i noticed it. The guy said it was a stock d15b8 so i was shocked to see the v-tec solenoid. I know the d15b8 doesn't come with a v-tec but the car is pretty weak to have anything done to it

If someone did something stupid like did a MiniMe swap and left the stock P05 ECU in there, it won't go anywhere in a hurry, check my Siggy for a link to my D16Y8 on a D15B8 MiniMe write-up, has some pics so you can compare.

Back