D16 B MPFI Throotle wheel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

caminator

I have just swapped out my Dpfi for a MPFI and when I try to hook up the throttle cable to the trottle body only one cable slot exists.

I have an auto and for some reason there is a cable going from the throttle to the transaxle.

my problem

I need to be able to hook up both cables in an opposite pull. I tried to swap the old wheel to the new throttle but it wont fit, I was going to modify it to make it work but the springs are wound in reverse.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

What engine do you have (more specific than D16) and what Intake Manifold are you using for your MPFI swap?

the car was supposed to have a D15b2 and I thought it did until I had it apart and cleaned the motor when I found the tag D16A6. I thought those were all MPFI but it had the expected DPFI for the 89 CRX DX.

I do not know what the intakes are but I did see PM3 and PM6
The tranny is auto

as far as I know the MPFI came from a 91 Si

The origional throttle body had a pully with two slots for cables pullling in opposite directions.

the new one has only one slot.

I tried to swap the pullies but they are wound differently

One slot is for the throttle cable. what is the other one for? Cruise control? Have you tried just swapping the throttle bodies?

I am kinda thinking Cruise Control too.

Sounds like you've got one hodge-podge motor setup!
A6 block
B2 dpfi head- converted to mpfi?
auto trans
new TB with cruise control pulley

wowzorz.

Back