D16 head on a D15 block????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicxxman

Ok here is the question I have I have a honda D15 in a 88 civic dx an I have a 89' integra D16 motor I got for $75 an. I wondered If I could swap the DOHC head on to my civic and use my D15 intake on It is it possible or am I stupid for thinking this up in my little head. Oh yea I have a garret H22 turbo lying around any ideas.....please some body help. :huh:

I don't know if it will work, but i would compare head gaskets from each motor to see if the jackets line up, if they do, it might work. They should both be OBD0.

Just a thought, hope it helps.

:burnout:

blah blah blah, this is a newbie question with a boring answer. A DOHC HEAD WILL NOT FIT ON A SOHC BLOCK.

have seen it happen.........one hole is about 3 mm off on the head.....if you want to get explorative......take it to the machine shop

1. have the hole moved

2. use head gasket for your block

3. use the EVERYTHING FROM THAT HEAD

4. use the timing belt for that head

5. MPFI conversion that DPFI intake will not even bolt up.......

i wish i could find you the link...it is nothing special....that head is made for domes pistons....d15b2 pistons are flat.....you will be increases the combustion chamber size and lowering the compressino to around 8.5:1

Back