1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D16 Head Swap??

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Midnightcreation, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Midnightcreation

Midnightcreation Junior Member

I have an 87' Integra with a stock d16 engine and a1 tranny. I wanted to know if I could put a v-tec head on it, like a b16.

2. dirt817

dirt817 Member

No b series head will bolt onto a d series. You'd have to use a sohc vtec head like a z6 or y8.

3. Midnightcreation

Midnightcreation Junior Member

Would using a sohc v-tec increase my horse though?

4. dirt817

dirt817 Member

it's not that vtec adds power, it helps spread it out over a broader rpm range. vtec motors also seem to have better aftermarket support.

to use a z6 head, you could probably get away with your stock intake manifold and an odb0 vtec ecu. I don't know exactly what you'd need, but there are sites out there that show how to build it. Just try searching for "mini-me swap" or something to that effect. you're going to find a lot of info about putting a z6 or y8 head on a d15, but the process is basically the same.

5. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

b series head will def not bolt on, and a SOHC vtec head will not bolt onto a DOHC d series block... at least thats what my research has lead me to understand...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted