d16 into 95 hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lickety_slickjj

i was thinking about putting an 88 integra d16 motor in my 95 hatch till income tax time, i would be going from obd1 to obd0. will this work? and what would i have to do to do it. it will just be temp. so i can get to work and back till i get money. please help.

Im not familiar with an Integra d16, but you could swap a d16z6 out of a civic with no hassle at all. Not to mention that going from obd1 to obd0 will get you in trouble with emissions.

to put the Integra D16A1 into your car would require fabricating a new driver's side mount - the A1 mount is on the front of the engine, not on the end - your transmission will not bolt correctly to the A1 - you can get some of the bolts in, but not all - the A1 block does not have a bolt hole for the second (long) starter bolt and you end up with only one bolt in the starter - you would need to somehow overcome the OBD0 problem - the CYLinder position sensor is on the end of the exhaust camshaft on the A1, not in the distributor - you could convert the engine to OBD1 by using the distributor from the OBD1 JDM DOHC ZC - a lot of work for 118hp engine

Back