d16 misfire

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rcmaniac623

hello. i have a problem with my motor misfiring when i shift and when i cruise in 5th. hopefully someone can help. my car runs fine when its cold, but after awhile. it bogs and stutters pretty bad when shifting and cruising. specially underload or uphill. it started happening when my plugs went bad, i think. so i replaced them with new ngk iridiums. it runs better, but it jerks most of the time now. i do not know what to do. lol. hope someone can help. thank you

i actually made the gap between the plugs smaller. which is weird cause the plugs came in as factory gapped. oh well, maybe i should really replaced the wires too.

what codes are being thrown? I have 4. P0302, P0303, P0304, and P1300 (misfire cyl 2, 3, 4, and random misfire/manufacturer ignition system code). I was driving on the highway and my cel started blinking and next thing i knew my cat was making a thudding sound. I replaced plugs, wires, and cap&rotor (codes came back in 15 miles). I replaced the igniter (with a used one my friend had lying around) and the CEL stayed off for 150 miles (75% highway @ ~75mph) then I pulled a really steep hill and it came back. I ordered a new distributor, but haven't put it on yet. I realized my battery terminals were extremely loose (i could lift them off the terminals with no resistance). I learned that this can cause misfires. I replaced the terminals and started it up. it idles smoother than ever, no hint of a miss. I'm gonna take it for a spin today, i'll let you know how it goes. But if it doesn't work, i'm gonna put the distributor on and see if that helps.

Back