d16 vs. b16?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you should save that money for the attorneys fee for you civic you just bought.

ok well let me say this again so everyon aint confused bout it
1)i have right now about 5000-7000 and i have a job also so i can save to get more money
2im puting it into an eg hatch
3))i want a car that i could drive everyday no problem but also have enough balls to go up against someone in a 1/4 mile or also take to the track
4)im going to put as much as i need to get it all out to the best of my ability so think about turbo cams, gears, possible ported all of it EXCEPT nos

I'd drop an LS in there and turbo it. That way you'll be making decent power to start (roughl 200-225 wheel horse depending on your tune, choice of turbo, etc.), plus you'll have options for later (VTEC head, better transmissions, tons of aftermarket support).

You can probably do that for 5k. Take the other 2k and put a nice suspension on it (coilovers, sway bars, decent wheels and tires). Power is nice to have but worthless if your car can't handle or get any traction.

My boosted gsr setup has roughly 7 grand put into it including the cost of the swap, the s/c kit, hondata, and various support mods. It is always going to cost more than you think it will. It sounds like you need to do some homework. I browsed the net for a year and half before I undertook my project, and there are still problems I don't understand.

I'd do a ton of research, shoot for a specific power goal, then go from there. Price things. Once you think you've come to a final plan, take whatever total cost you came to and add $5k to it. That way, when you come upon problems, you've got that extra $5k, and you probably won't use all of it. It's just better to be safe.

you should save that money for the attorneys fee for you civic you just bought.

Eh? What'd he do?

EDIT:
Oh, this is the same kid? He wants to swap already? Won't that cover up the evidence that the dealership screwed him? Wait. Nevermind.

Last edited:
Eh? What'd he do?

EDIT:
Oh, this is the same kid? He wants to swap already? Won't that cover up the evidence that the dealership screwed him? Wait. Nevermind.
from the way i understand, he has two cars. but who cares? just another n00b

I'm so confused. I think I remember reading about some kid getting screwed with a non-vtec motor in a vtec listed car, and the dealer insisted it was indeed vtec.

Same kid?

I'm so confused. I think I remember reading about some kid getting screwed with a non-vtec motor in a vtec listed car, and the dealer insisted it was indeed vtec.

Same kid?
i remember that one but that kid only got half screwed it was still a vtec motor

Ohh okay, I think I might have unsubscribed before figuring that out.

What's up with this kid's civic then?

In this one, he wants a daily driven race car, he has 5-7k to drop on it, but can save more so that 7 grand cap really isnt the limit, and he wants to know which 1.6 will be better. Thats my take anyways :)

I'd drop an LS in there and turbo it. That way you'll be making decent power to start (roughl 200-225 wheel horse depending on your tune, choice of turbo, etc.), plus you'll have options for later (VTEC head, better transmissions, tons of aftermarket support).

You can probably do that for 5k. Take the other 2k and put a nice suspension on it (coilovers, sway bars, decent wheels and tires). Power is nice to have but worthless if your car can't handle or get any traction.
very well put. sums up everything really

turbo the motor you got get it tuned and go from there. after that slowly buy parts as you find good deals and put the car together. generally the longer you wait and harder you look for the parts you want the better deal you will get but for now throwing a turbo on your stock motor and boosting at say 5 psi will give you some more power and you will most likely still be way under your budget.

Back