D16A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NEWHOE

I found a webpage on a search engine that said my D16A engine that I am putting into my civic is the same thing as a D16ZC. I am confused on what engine I have and what year it is, can anyone help me out. I am ready to put it into my civic and the distributor from the stock D15B7 wont line up with the D16A. Am I doing something wrong or what?

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Oct 23 2004, 11:03 PM
and the d15b7 parts will be no good to you at all. and you will need to rewire the car for dpfi
[post=406662]Quoted post[/post]​

there is no number after the d16a on the engine. what do you mean dpfi.

your car is a dx right
and when you look at it there is nothing else on the engine code on the left of the motor are you sure

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Oct 23 2004, 11:09 PM
your car is a dx right
and when you look at it there is nothing else on the engine code on the left of the motor are you sure
[post=406666]Quoted post[/post]​

yes it is a dx and I am positive. I have looked at it about 15 times tonight to figure out what engine model and year it is. I bought it from an engine shop here that said it was from japan.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Oct 23 2004, 11:13 PM
ok what did it come with?
and what car is it out of
[post=406670]Quoted post[/post]​

It is a complete engine. The guy told me it came out of a civic and said that it would bolt right into my car. He even told me I can use the same wiring harness but I would have to hook up the vtec. He sold me the right ECU as well.

ok 1
you have a dpfi car and the new engine is mpfi yuo need to searck for a thread about wiring this up we just coverd it this week.
the you need to run vtec wires
you need a diffrent dis2sy the one that comes with the engine.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Oct 23 2004, 11:23 PM
ok 1
you have a dpfi car and the new engine is mpfi yuo need to searck for a thread about wiring this up we just coverd it this week.
the you need to run vtec wires
you need a diffrent dis2sy the one that comes with the engine.
[post=406673]Quoted post[/post]​

what do you mean dis2sy and what is the difference in the dpfi and the mpfi and will the same harness work.

dissy ie distributor
and yes your harness will work but you need to add new wires to it do a search for dpfi to mpfi

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Oct 23 2004, 11:32 PM
dissy ie distributor
and yes your harness will work but you need to add new wires to it do a search for dpfi to mpfi
[post=406678]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks for all of the help. Can you give me suggestions on where to get the new dissy and for what year do i get it for.

Back