1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d16a1 dizzy queston?

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by YouKnowWhoIBee, Feb 27, 2004.

1. YouKnowWhoIBee

YouKnowWhoIBee my avatar is better.

My buddy got a 87 crx with a blown motor for free. So he needed a motor. He found a d16a1 motor at a salvage yard for 300 bucks. I know it is a first gen ls motor. He picked it up. This is his first swap. He is used to working on v8's and stuff. But anyway he needs a distibutor for his swap? Everything else is done in the car but just he needs a new dizzy.Will a 86-87 integra ls dizzy work when swapping into a 87 si? He also said there are wires coming out where the cams are. What could those wires be for? I havent looked at it yet i am going over tomorrow to lend a hand. Also anyone selling some steelies of any stock rims. He wants to get 4 matching rims kind of cheap.

2. radnulb

radnulb Senior Member

86-87 teg distrib will work fine in 87 CRX.
    The CRX has all sensors one one cam, teg puts CKP on the exhaust cam (I think) grab some teg wiring + splice a little. I have a 86 JDM ZC in my 87 Si and it wasn't that hard to get running.

3. YouKnowWhoIBee

YouKnowWhoIBee my avatar is better.

Oh thanks. i thought that was it. Just wanted to be sure.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted