D16A1 swap into 91 civic si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

antcrxls

anthony
ok here is the deal my friend got a 91 si with a dohc 1.6 zc swap. now a rod is knocking. i had a friend that had a 89 integra for sale for 200. we got every thing pulled now we are just fabing up the motor mount. just need any info on if any one has done this swap or anything that can help us with fabing a mount thanks

Cool. Can we have some pics and info on this swap.

yeah i will get some pics up soon. it not the ezest swap tho you have to drill and tap the block for one starter bolt and the mount you have to use the zc dohc mount flipped upside down with a little bit of drilling and cutting with 3 inch spacers to get the motor to clear the factory hood. you have to change the stat housing cuz the d16a1 does not have the fan temp switch then you have to splice into the oil cooler line to reroute coolant for the idle air valve. their mite be some other things that im missing...... THE FLY WHEEL:eek: we used the civic one bad idea we have to use the integra one so the starter will catch the teeth. but yeah i will try and get some pics up soon:cool:

Back