1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d16a1 swap oil leak

Discussion in 'Integra' started by umanscivic, Dec 6, 2009.

1. umanscivic

umanscivic New Member

hey i have an 88civic which i put the d16a1 out of 89 integra. did compression test found cyl 1 170psi, cyl 2 55 psi, cyl 3 0psi, cyl 4 60psi. and the motor was pouring oil out exhaust while running. so replaced the rings. new head gasket. now just got it running. its running alot better. havent done compression check but still dumping oil out all cyl through exhaust. i need help? maybe valve seal? could i have but the oil ring in wrong?

2. dc4dude

dc4dude Member

did you get the pistons checked out? did you get the valve guides checked? valve seals? valve seats?

3. dcasey12

dcasey12 New Member

Did you check the bores for roundness, they may not look worn but no.2 and 3 cylinder can get out of round if its been thrashed because of the open deck design. So the bores could still look good but the rings wont seal properly if the bores are out of round.

4. umanscivic

umanscivic New Member

found out my pcv was sucking oil from the crank through the intake manifold back through the engine.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted