d16a1 to 2g Crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rexxer

anyhow since i thought id be an outlaw and do for the hell of it...well i basically did it already, whole motor is in, using the d16a1 tranny :)...but umm ive came to a wiring problem. my car is a 88 dx....wired it for mpfi already, well sorda. wheres the crank angle sensor? cause i thought it was on the exauhst cam side, but onlything there is the tdc and the CPS...? thanks in advance... :)

don't think i can help you on the wiring but i have a question for you...

you are using the first gen integra DOHC D16A1 correct?
what mounts did you use?

and what year D16 do you have?
there were diffrences between the 86-87, and then 88-89 motors...

86-87 has brown valve cover and 88-89 has black valve cover...

i agree......what mounts and what year D16A1 are you using? dont know why you bothered with a wimpy motor like that?

87 browntop, i custom made all the mounts, had alot of time on my hands..lol. but yeah i just need wiring help...:) and i did it cause the car was free and so was the motor..nothing to lose and lots of free time, haha. http://www.cardomain.com/id/rexxer if you want to see some pics..

well, i give you much respect for doing something no one, or at least not many else have tried...

words of wisdom...
mounts: make sure they are PERFECT... if the motor doesn't sit exactly how it should from the factory your car is going to shake like a motherfucker just idleing, and forget trying to drive it down the road...

trust me on this one, happened when i put the D16A1 into my first gen crx cause i used one wrong mount

the 87's had vacuum advanced timing and other diffrences
you might even have to run the 87 teg ecu?
or perhaps get the 88 teg ecu and distributor, i think that would be your only viable option
i would compare wiring diagrams from autozone.com for your car vs. the 87 integra

well the mounts are perfect, i measured them from the stock height, to height now, and its same, and its perfectly level all around...so i dont have a problem there, my main problem now is just getting it wired ive got the teg ecu, and a pm6 and a few others...not sure what i want to use yet

Back