1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D16A1 to sohc ZC vtec p28 wiring issues

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by OnesickCrx, Feb 20, 2004.

1. OnesickCrx

OnesickCrx Member

Got a 89 crx si Just threw out my old D16A1 for a sohc jdm zc the engine stamp says zc I've heard their the same as D16Z6s and just wanted to make sure before I go ahead and buy the stuff I need to run my p28 ecu.
    My question is what will I need to succesfuly run the p28 so far I have heard using a 0bd0-obd1 wiring conversions for the ecu to save me alot of headaches and time.
    The other thing is 92-95 distributer I only heard using these with the d16z6 but am not sure about the sohc zc.
    Also will I need to get a 92-95 engine harness also?

2. radnulb

radnulb Senior Member

SOHC ZC = D16A6.
    You need a OBD0 PM6. If you wanna get spiffy, chip it and drop the JDM PR5 fuel/timing maps in it.

3. OnesickCrx

OnesickCrx Member

Oops I amde a mistake my old motor is a D16A6 and the new one I have is a sohc ZC that is like the D16Z6.

D16A6 you are taking about is a non vtec motor.

I already am running obd0 I wanna run obd1 with a p28 ecu so my vtec works...

4. truent

truent Junior Member

as far as i know no zc's are vtec.. zc = 1.6L non vtec..

hence the zc is more like d16a6 si motor.. not like d16z6

except for that pesky dohc zc

got a pic of your zc? if for whatever reason you have vtec on it.. then p28 would be a kew choice.. but you'll need a obd0-obd1 conversion harness or rewire the whole sheeit manually.. and a few things will haveta be wired for the new 4wire o2 sensor.. it just so happens i made a obd0 - obd1 pigtail yesterday.. wanna buy? ;)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted