1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D16a6 Block, D16y8 Head, and D15b2 Transmission

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by 89' Project Civic, May 30, 2009.

1. 89' Project Civic

89' Project Civic d16a6/d16y8 "mini-me"

As the title states I have a D16a6 Block, D16y8 Head, and D15b2 Transmission. I was wondering what you guys think of this crazy combo. Open to any suggestions!. I found an excellent thread on rebuilding a transmission, so I am in the process of tearing it down for shits and giggles. The D16a6 block is being rebuilt BONE STOCK; the D16y8 is being rebuilt with valve retainers and a Crower "Stage 2" camshaft; the D15b2 is being rebuilt BONE STOCK. I know I should have done a very high performance engine, but with these laws about street racing who cares if you can beat someone to the next stop. The head and block cost me a staggering $1,800 CAD (including swap materials and EVERY gasket you could imagine for this build. The transmission will be close to FREE. My old engine was a tired D15b2, that I got the transmission from, that had over 350,000km on it. Any thoughts, guys?.

2. boxinggsxr

boxinggsxr New Member

wonder how its gonna run im loking for a setup almost sim im tryn to get a6 block if i dont end up usuing my y8...lucky i need another block :(

3. 89' Project Civic

89' Project Civic d16a6/d16y8 "mini-me"

Do not use the d16y8 block they spin bearings all the time, stick with the D16a6 IMO. There is also a plus side when using an a6 block with either a z6 -or- y8 head; you get more compression, more compression = more power!!!. I would highly suggest using the z6 head, when and if you do you will start to realize why I suggested the one over the other. Honestly man, it would be wayyy more cheaper to buy a D16a6 block in the short and long term.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted