D16a6 Block, D16y8 Head, and D15b2 Transmission

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89' Project Civic

d16a6/d16y8 "mini-me"
As the title states I have a D16a6 Block, D16y8 Head, and D15b2 Transmission. I was wondering what you guys think of this crazy combo. Open to any suggestions!. I found an excellent thread on rebuilding a transmission, so I am in the process of tearing it down for shits and giggles. The D16a6 block is being rebuilt BONE STOCK; the D16y8 is being rebuilt with valve retainers and a Crower "Stage 2" camshaft; the D15b2 is being rebuilt BONE STOCK. I know I should have done a very high performance engine, but with these laws about street racing who cares if you can beat someone to the next stop. The head and block cost me a staggering $1,800 CAD (including swap materials and EVERY gasket you could imagine for this build. The transmission will be close to FREE. My old engine was a tired D15b2, that I got the transmission from, that had over 350,000km on it. Any thoughts, guys?.

wonder how its gonna run im loking for a setup almost sim im tryn to get a6 block if i dont end up usuing my y8...lucky i need another block :(

Do not use the d16y8 block they spin bearings all the time, stick with the D16a6 IMO. There is also a plus side when using an a6 block with either a z6 -or- y8 head; you get more compression, more compression = more power!!!. I would highly suggest using the z6 head, when and if you do you will start to realize why I suggested the one over the other. Honestly man, it would be wayyy more cheaper to buy a D16a6 block in the short and long term.

Back