D16a6 Starting Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4wdcivic

A few months ago the distributor rotor flew off the shaft in my 1990 4WD Civic wagon, which is my yet-to-be-started mini-me project vehicle. I finally got around to putting the distributor back together this week, and now the car will not start. I have an aftermarket CraneCams Hi6 ignition and the diagnostic light tells me there is no trigger coming from the ignitor. The engine turns over freely, but there is no spark so it won't run. I tested the 4 ignitor wires, and the ECU and Tach wires do not have continuity to ground, which they should. The ignition and trigger wires are both fine, showing 12v each. There are no ECU codes, it flashes once when the ignition is turned on or off like it should, and the check-engine light is not on.

Could the loose rotor have somehow killed my ECU and tach at the same time, and if the ECU is really dead, shouldn't I have a check-engine light on or an ECU code flashing? The engine is a D16A6 and the ECU is a PM6, with an unknown upgrade chip. Thanks in adavance for any suggestions!

jon

Back