D16A6 up-grading

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

79civicsi

I have just recently got a D16A6 motor that needs to be rebuilt before I swap it into my car. While it is apart I am planning on doing some internal mods. Now I have red that you can swap the LS rods into the D16 motor, is this true? I am wanting to get high compression so is there any other pistons that I can swap into my motor to do so. Any advice would help alot, as I have not heard much about mods for this motor.

you have to bush the LS rods to fit the d16 pins, or use 98-00 GX pistons(these GX pistons use the same size pins as the LS). Also, the GX pistons will bring the compression into the ~10.6s on the A6.

Itll be simpler to use Tuner Toyz D16 rods and get P29 pistons. I believe the block has to be notched for H-beams though. This setup will net you about .1:1 more compression than those GX pistons with LS rods. If you use a Z6/Y8 headgasket, itll bring the compression of both setup to around 11:1, and about 11.4:1 with 2-layer Y8 headgasket.

Back